Due to the frequent questions applicants seeking admission into the Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma ask regarding the list of courses offered in the University, my team and I have decided to review the official list of accredited courses in the University.
This review will be of help to candidates interested in registering for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for entry into the undergraduate programmes of the University but currently do not know the list of courses offered by the university.
The list of courses below are fully accredited by the Nigeria University Commission (NUC). However, I recommend you see the JAMB Subject Combination for each of the courses listed below so as to enable know the courses you will need registering in JAMB.
Usually, upon choosing a course of study, it is usually advised prospective students or applicants go through some of the requirements required to be eligible to study the course in question, see below basic requirements;
Candidates must meet or surpass the Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma cut off mark in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination/internal screening or admission
1. The candidate must be over 16 years of age in the year of admission (Some student swear an affidavit just to increase their ages) Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
2. Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/L, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
The following courses are offered by Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma and are fully accredited by Nigeria University Commission (NUC)
Courses / Departments in AAU
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Foundations and Management
- Guidance and Counselling
- Physical and Health Education
- Vocation and Technical Education
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
The Faculty of Agriculture offers a degree programme leading to the award of Bachelor of Agriculture, denoted by B. Agric.
- Crop Science
- Soil Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
FACULTY OF ART
The Faculty offers courses leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) with Honours in the appropriate subject or degree option.
- History and International Studies
- Modern Languages
- Religious Management and Cultural Studies
- Theatre and Media Arts
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Electronic & Computer Engineering
- Materials & Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Geography and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF LAW
The Faculty of Law offer courses and programme leading to the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) of Ambrose Alli University.
- Commercial and Industrial Law
- Private and Property Law
- Public Law
- Jurisprudence and International Law
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Faculty of Social Sciences offer courses and programme leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (LL.B) of Ambrose Alli University.
- Library and Information Science
- Political Science
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
The Faculty of Natural Sciences offer courses and programme leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (BSc) of Ambrose Alli University.
- Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences