Due to the frequent questions applicants seeking admission into the Abia State University (ABSU), Uturu ask regarding the list of courses offered in the University, my team and I have decided to review the official list of accredited courses in the University.
This review will be of help to candidates interested in registering for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for entry into the undergraduate programmes of the University but currently do not know the list of courses offered by the university.
The list of courses below are fully accredited by the Nigeria University Commission (NUC). However, I recommend you see the JAMB Subject Combination https://newsmeel.com/jamb-subjects-for-all-courses-2018-2019-courses-and-jamb-subjects-to-register/ for each of the courses listed below so as to enable know the courses you will need registering in JAMB.
Usually, upon choosing a course of study, it is usually advised prospective students or applicants go through some of the requirements required to be eligible to study the course in question, see below basic requirements;
Candidates must meet or surpass the Abia State University (ABSU) cut off mark in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination/internal screening or admission
1. The candidate must be over 16 years of age in the year of admission (Some student swear an affidavit just to increase their ages) Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
2. Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/L, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
The following courses are offered by Abia State University (ABSU) and are fully accredited by Nigeria University Commission (NUC)
Courses / Departments in ABSU
-Medicine and Surgery.
-Geography and planning
-Government and Public Administration
-Hospitality and Tourism Management
-Library and Information Science
-Banking and Finance
-Banking And Finance
Environmental Resources Manageme
-Geography And Planning
-Urban And Regional Planning
- Business Education
- Education And Accountancy
- Education And Economics
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Religious Studies
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And Government
- Education And History
- Education And Igbo
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Social Studies
- Education Fine Art
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Educational Management & Planning
- Educational Management And Planning
- Guidance & Counselling
- Home Economics And Education
- Library Science
Agric- Economics and Extension
-Animal Science And Fisheries
-Crop Production And Protection
-Food Science And Technology
-Plant Science And Technology
-Chemistry And Industrial Chemistry
-Pure And Industrial Physics