www.apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu – The Stipendium Hungaricum is a Scholarship Programme that was launched by Hungarian Government in 2013. The main objective of the scholarship programme regarding the education policy is to support the internationalisation of the Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the Hungarian academic and research community, to enhance the cultural diversity of the higher education institutions and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world.
The programme also aims to establish and encourage the personal and professional attachment of foreign graduated students to Hungary and contribute to the promotion of the Hungarian culture and language abroad. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently 60 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 5 different continents and the geographical scope of the programme is spreading each year.
Eligible Sending Partners
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner.
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners:
- Arab Republic of Egypt
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Federative Republic of Brazil
- Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Kingdom of Cambodia
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Kingdom of Thailand
- Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Lebanese Republic
- Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru)
- People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships)
- Republic of Albania
- Republic of Angola
- Republic of Azerbaijan
- Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde
- Republic of Colombia
- Republic of Cuba
- Republic of Ecuador
- Republic of Ghana
- Republic of India
- Republic of Indonesia
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Republic of Kenya
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Kosovo
- Republic of Moldova
- Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- Republic of Paraguay
- Republic of Serbia
- Republic of Singapore
- Republic of South Africa
- Republic of the Sudan
- Republic of the Philippines
- Republic of Turkey
- Republic of Yemen
- Russian Federation
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- State of Israel
- State of Kuwait
- Syrian Arab Republic
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Tunisian Republic
- United Mexican States
- United Republic of Tanzania
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for
- One-tier master
- Doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
- Tuition- free education-exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend-non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
Accommodation contribution-free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities, especially in the capital city, this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
Medical insurance: Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation ( Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
16 February 2018 : submitting application: to TPF and to Sending Partner
30 March 2018 First selection point: technical check and nomination process
April-May 2018 Second selection point: institutional admission procedure of applicants for the 1st and 2nd selected programme (3rd programmes: April-mid-July) beginning of June 2018 notification about selection results for 1st selected programme (2-3rd programmes: mid-June and second half of July)
June-July 2018 visa application process
until 30 September 2018 arrival to Hungary.
Application to Tempus Public Foundation
All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents.
Applications should be submitted, saved applications will not be considered. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline.
No hard copies are required.
A guide for the online system will be available to download from the www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu website. The deadline for submitting the complete application package: 16 February 2018–noon (until 12:00 PM Central European Time)
The online application system can be reached here: apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Application Deadline: 16 February 2018–noon (until 12:00 PM Central European Time)