JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Literature in English . The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the list of recommended textbooks for the upcoming 2018/2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
It is recommended that each student seating for the examination should have this textbooks so as to prepare him/her for the examination. This textbook will form the scheme of work for setting of the examination questions. The recommended textbooks for Literature in English are listed below:
JAMB Recommended Textbook For Literature in English
1. Gbemisola, A. (2005) Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
2. Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
3. Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
4. Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
5. Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse,London: Longman
6. Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
7. Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
B. CRITICAL TEXTS
1. Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
2. Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
3. Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and Unwin Ltd.