JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Music. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the list of recommended textbooks for the upcoming 2018/2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
It is recommended that each student seating for the examination should have this textbooks so as to prepare him/her for the examination. This textbook will form the scheme of work for setting of the examination questions. The recommended textbooks for Music are listed below:
Recommended Textbooks For Music
1. Akpabot, S. E. (1986) Foundation of Nigerian Traditional Music, Ibadan: Spectrum.
2. Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (1958) Rudiments and Theory of Music, London.
3. Cole, W. (1969) The Form of Music, London: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
4. Echezona, W. W. C. (1981) Nigerian Musical Instruments, Enugu: Apollo Publishing Ltd.
5. Ekwueme, L. (1993) Choir Training and Choral Conducting for Africans, Lagos: Lenaus Advertising and Publishing Company.
6. Holst, I. (1963) An ABC of Music, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
7. Hosier, (1961) Instruments of the Orchestra Oxford: Oxford University Press.
8. Hunt, R. (1960) Elements of Music.Inanga, A. (1993) Music for Secondary Schools Vols. I and II, Ibadan: Spectrum.
9. Kamien, R. (1990) Music: An Appreciation,London: McGraw – Hill Publishing Company.
10. Kennedy, M. (1985) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music, (Third Edition), London: Oxford University Press.
11. Kitson, C. H. (1978) Elementary Harmony Book 2, London: Oxford University Press.
12. Kofoworola, Z. O. And Lateef, Y. (1987) Hausa performing Arts and Music, Lagos: Nigeria Magazine.
13. Lovelock, W. (1953) A Concise History of Music, London: Bell and Hyman.
14. Lovelock, W. (1996) The Rudiments of Music, London. G. Bell and sons Limited.
15. Machlis, J. (1977) The Enjoyment of Music, New York: W. W. Norton.
16. Mensah, A. A. (Undated) Folksongs for Schools, Accra.Morris, R. O. (1974) The Oxford Harmony, Vol. I, London: Oxford University Press.
17. Nketia, J. H. (1974) African Music, New York: W. W. Norton Company.
18. Palmer, K. (1965) Teach Yourself Music, London: The English University Press Limited.
19. Reed, H. O. (1954) Basic Music: A Basic Theory Text, New York: 19, N. Y. Mills Music Inc.
20. Taylor, E. (1989) The Guide to Music Theory, London: The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.
21. Warburton, A. O. (1955) Graded Music Course for Schools, Books I – III, London: Longman.