As part of the recent cry by volunteers of the Federal Government Empowerment Programme (Npower), for their permanence and absorption into the Federal Government Civil Service, one of the beneficiaries with the name Prince Okey have listed out the likely impact of the programme on the lives of unemployed graduates and also in the economy of Nigeria at large.
Below are the few things he listed that will possibly happen when N-Power Permanent beneficiaries:
1. Nigeria economy will improve with the right engagement of volunteers into the various sectors of the economy to discharge their duties diligently using the experience they have acquired from the N-Power Programme.
2. Unemployment will reduce: if N-Power will be able to absorb some of the beneficiaries if not all into the various government organizations, the unemployment problem in Nigeria will reduce from the amount of graduates we have in Nigeria, absorbing the Graduates will help a long way. Note, not every graduate can succeed as an entrepreneur.
3. Illegal Youth Migration will reduced: The rate at which young Nigerians are taking the risk of migrating illegally to foreign countries to seek for better lively hood which sometime turns out to impact Nigeria negatively will reduced.
4. Crime rate will reduce: The problem of crime in Nigeria will reduce when most of these beneficiaries are absorbed into the civil service rather than disposing them back into the streets. An idle man is an evil work shop.
5. They will retain their self esteem: N-Power has help many Graduates to regain their self esteem after many years of searching and seeking for employment without any meaningful result of securing a job until they were empowered by N-Power. Letting them go back to the street will let most of them lose their self esteem again which is not good for the society, absorbing most of them into the civil service will help them retained their self esteem thereby creating a good atmosphere in communities.
Note: not all graduates can succeed as entrepreneur.